Pages

Friday, May 02, 2008

Transformed

[from a private source]

In the beginning I didn’t believe I was put on this earth to preach God’s word or to convert non-Christians to Christianity. I didn’t want to have anything to do with evangelism or trying to convince people that Jesus was the ONLY way. I struggled with even being comfortable enough to talk with others (family, friends, loved ones) about my faith and what I knew to be the Truth.

When I gave it ALL over to God, my ENTIRE life, and said ‘Your will be done, not mine’ my life CHANGED – forever. He has given me the knowledge, the passion, and the courage to be outspoken about my faith, my convictions, and His Truth.

I believe what I believe because it is written in God’s word. I own His way because I’ve studied it and mostly because He’s spoken it to my heart and shown me what is true and good.

I know that MY way is NOT the right way – no man’s WAY is the right way. Only HIS WAY is the RIGHT way.

If you have faith, love Jesus, and have love and compassion for your fellow man then you would show them God’s way, the RIGHT way. You would yearn to help them see the truth and to be FREE in their lives, instead of in bondage to sin.

God is our Father and our Master Parent – he teaches us through trials and tribulations in our own lives. He loves us like only a parent can love a child. This is probably the best analogy I can give as to why you would seek to change other’s lives, to set them free from the bondage of sin. Just like walking along side your toddler to make sure they don’t go running off the stairs.

One day a couple of years ago I found myself stuck in my driveway and unable to get out. It was the dead of winter and we had recently had a large snowfall. I had shoveled and shoveled and was NOT able to get out of the driveway. I was late for work. God sent me a nice man to help me get on my way. The man had absolutely no reason to stop and help me. There was not a single thing in it for him, except maybe being late to wherever he was headed. He shoveled some more for me and then made sure I could get out before leaving. I thanked him profusely.

God wants us to reach out to others like this man reached out to help me. He wants us to help others dig themselves out of the bondage of sin.

I’ve never been more free in my entire life. This is a different kind of FREEDOM. It’s a freedom that stems from the love I know my Master Parent has for me. His love and His Gift set me FREE.

I grew up with the great ideal of living my life in bondage to sin. In other words – life was about having STUFF! and feeling good. A good education, a great career, a good husband, a great sex life, a fantastic family, a NICE HOUSE, the RIGHT car, nice clothes, a library full of books, a huge kitchen to entertain with, all the right friends.

Somewhere in the midst of the development of my path to bondage as a kid, God planted His seed in me. A seed that said, nope, this just isn’t fulfilling for me – I longed for much more than having the RIGHT EVERYTHING. I think deep down He showed me the hollowness of a life filled with sin and the bondage that brought. THINK about it! SIN = BONDAGE…in my case it goes something like this: always striving for more, better, and bigger STUFF.

Instead I’m living my life FOR GOD. To do HIS WILL sets me free.

God is the KING of MLM! Multilevel Marketing. The more you grow in Faith, the more you know HIM, the closer you grow to HIM, the MORE you want and seek to do HIS will. How cool is that?!

Is living God’s word through love, compassion, and forgiveness ENOUGH?

My God is a God of love, mercy, and compassion. James Alexander Langteaux said it best in his book God.com - He is a God of risk.

No comments: